CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 22, 2009

In Memory Of My Brother




I received a phone call at work on Thursday the 11th of June that I will never forget. My brother Clayson was not going to make it. Although we hurried as fast as we could we didn’t make it in time to say good bye.

In the few days that followed, there were many hugs given and tears shed. We watched several of the home videos he had put together with brothers and friends to remind us of the good times and the cute pictures when he was a little guy. I never realized how much work it takes to put together a funeral but we were able to work together and get it put together. There were many late nights putting a movie together for him, planning the program and writing his obituary. It was a wonderful experience that helped us grow closer as a family.

In the hussle and bussle of trying to make it to him as fast as we could, we forgot church clothes so we all got a new outfit. The viewing was wonderful and we had a big turnout for the funeral services as well. It was so amazing to see the love and support offered by friends, family and ward members. We had dinner delivered every night for a lot of people, flowers, cards, funeral contributions, hugs and visitors.

During the viewing there was a group of 30 men that graveled and leveled my parents driveway, mowed the lawn and weed wacked the yard. We had people help clean the house and babysit the little kids. There just are no words to express our thanks for your loving kindness and the expression of sympathy you have shown us during the passing of my brother. Always hold your family close and let them know how much you love them. Life is so very fragile. . . . .



2 comments:

Kami said...

That was really sweet. He will be missed. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral. I really wanted to come, but I couldn't get work off. Let me know if I can do anything to help your fam.

Vickie said...

Thank you Tasha. That is so beautiful. You are awesome!!
Vickie